- American Association for Higher Education - AAHE envisions a higher education enterprise that helps all Americans achieve the deep, lifelong learning they need to grow as individuals, participate in the democratic process, and succeed in a global economy.
- AIR's Internet Resources for Institutional Research - With links for subjects including: Administration, Data, Electronic Publications, Government, Higher Ed (General), Institutional Research, Quality, Student Affairs, Teaching/Research, and Technology in Higher Ed.
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR) - The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) is dedicated to professional growth of all who participate in decision making related to higher education via management research, policy analysis and planning. AIR members work in many different postsecondary areas: finance, academic affairs, instruction, student services and institutional development. Members also work in offices at the international, state, system or campus levels.
- The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching - The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching contains the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. According to the 2000 version of the Classification, SVSU is now classified as a Master's Colleges and Universities I institution.
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) - The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), established as the core postsecondary education data collection program for NCES, is a system of surveys designed to collect data from all primary providers of postsecondary education. The IPEDS system is built around a series of interrelated surveys to collect institution-level data in such areas as enrollments, program completions, faculty, staff, and finances.
- Michigan Association for Institutional Research - The Michigan Association for Institutional Research (MI/AIR) is a state affiliate of the Association for Institutional Research (AIR), a national organization dedicated to the profession of institutional research.
- Michigan Department of Technology, Management & Budget (DTMB) - The DTMB includes information on Michigan's labor market: employment trends, wages, and jobs in demand. The website is also a great source of economic data for Michigan's regions and counties.
- National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES) - Part of the U.S. Department of Education, the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data that is related to education in the United States and other nations.