MSOT Advanced Practice Program
The following requirements must be met for admittance in the MSOT Advanced Practice program:
- An earned undergraduate degree in occupational therapy from an accredited college or university
- Current registration, licensure, or eligibility for initial certification by the NBCOT as an occupational therapist in the United States, or eligible for Michigan registration
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 (based upon a 4.00 scale). A student with 2.75 to 2.99 cumulative GPA may be admitted on a probationary status by the Admission Committee of the Occupational Therapy Department
- Successful completion, with a grade of "C" (2.00) or better, of a course in statistical or research methods, its equivalent or a validation examination
- A completed application for graduate admission to include the non-refundable application fee
- A current résumé
- One page personal statement of accomplishments and academic goals
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS must complete the International Student Application for Graduate Admission, including all items listed above as well as:
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate competence in English. The College accepts a score of 525 or higher on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL), or a passing score on an alternative test determined by the College. SVSU's English Language Program is available for students without a TOEFL score or those with a TOEFL score below the required minimum. Successful completion of the English Language program does not guarantee acceptance to a graduate program at SVSU.
- Submit evidence of financial support.
- Master level transfer students' needs are considered on an individual basis by the Department of Occupational Therapy.
Please submit completed applications, transcripts and test results to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Saginaw Valley State University
160 Wickes Hall
7400 Bay Road
University Center, MI 48710
(989) 964-2788 fax