Why choose SVSU?
- Undergraduate students are taught by full-time faculty.
- In every nursing semester, simulation is integrated into the topics covered each week to give you the opportunity to practice your nursing skills in a safe environment.
- Our nursing student mentors and tutors are available to help you make the transition as a professional nursing student during your first semester in the nursing program. They understand the challenges of being a new nursing student and will help you succeed.
- SVSU has state of the art simulation laboratories with a wide variety of high fidelity mannequins which are used to enhance learning.
- The nursing admission process is competitive and seeks well qualified candidates.
The Nursing Program in the College of Health and Human Services at Saginaw Valley State University is competitive and does NOT have a wait list. An applicant must have a minimum GPA in the science/ math nursing prerequisite courses of 2.8 and an overall GPA of 2.8 to apply.
Students will be notified via their SVSU email accounts of application decisions. Notification will occur 4-6 weeks after the application deadline. Questions? Email email@example.com or call 989-964-2732.