Health & Human Services Building
1. Prepare students as beginning baccalaureate nurse generalists who can care for diverse populations
2. Build on general education to develop professional communication, patient centered perspective, sound clinical judgment, and ethical reasoning
3. Foster an environment of inquiry and best evidence using knowledge and technology to design and promote high quality care
4. Promote collaboration with the health care team, patient populations, and the community partners to assure appropriate and safe patient outcomes
5. Prepare leaders within complex systems who advocate for and contribute to reducing health disparities in a global society
6. Prepare students who value and understand nursing knowledge as it relates to human health care responses
7. Promote commitment and contribution to the profession, life-long learning, and service
8. Cultivate a respectful learning community that values the partnership among students, faculty, and practice partners
1. Apply concepts and theories related to nursing phenomena.
2. Design innovative nursing practice using advanced role specific and culturally competent strategies.
3. Translate evidence into practice.
4. Lead change through transformational leadership by building and leading collaborative teams to assure safe, quality outcomes in health care.
5. Navigate and integrate care services across the health care system utilizing health information technology and communication.
6. Advance a culture of excellence through lifelong learning.
1. Integrate nursing science with foundational sciences in order to benefit patients and families within the demands of the practice environment.
2. Assume increasingly complex leadership roles to foster inter-professional collaboration.
3. Demonstrate clinical scholarship and evidence-based practice.
4. Demonstrate information technology literacy to effect quality of health care services.
5. Influence health policy for advocacy in health care.
6. Utilize knowledge of and collaboration within systems for quality improvement for patient and population health outcomes.
7. Provide health promotion and clinical prevention for individual, family and population health using the analysis of relevant data.
8. Apply ethically sound and culturally sensitive care to individual, family, and population using advanced levels of clinical judgment in designing, delivering evidence-based care.