October 31, 2017
SVSU Board congratulates students on ‘Battle of the Valleys’ victory
The Saginaw Valley State University Board of Control congratulated the SVSU Student Association for their leadership in winning the 2017 Battle of the Valleys fundraising competition against their counterparts from Grand Valley State University.
In one week, the SVSU community raised $32,115 for the Mustard Seed Shelter Saginaw, which helps women and families move from homelessness to self-sufficiency.
The Board passed a resolution of congratulations during its regular meeting Monday, Oct. 30.
In other action, the Board:
- Passed a resolution in appreciation of Cathy Ferguson for her service on the SVSU Board of Control from 2009 to 2017.
- Passed a resolution in appreciation of David Gamez for his service on the SVSU Board of Control from 2003 to 2017.
- Received and accepted SVSU’s annual financial audit and federal awards audit for the 2016-17 fiscal year.
- Approved SVSU’s capital outlay request to the Michigan Legislature.
- Approved a university policy regarding minors on campus. The policy is designed for visitors to campus and does not apply to admitted or enrolled students.