Apply for Housing
Fall 2015/Winter 2016 Housing Applicants
(Further instructions below by student status.)
We are excited you have chosen to live on campus at SVSU, your "home away from home!"
Your next step to secure a room assignment is to apply for housing.
- Housing Application (front/back)
- Housing Contract (front/back)
- $200 Prepayment (can be sent via check made payable to "SVSU" including student ID number or paid online at my.svsu.edu using the Self Service menu)
Act now, as openings fill quickly!
Please make sure you understand the contract terms as the contract is legally binding as long as you are enrolled at SVSU for both Fall 2015 and Winter 2016. Students will not be allowed to live off campus once submitted.
Year after year, SVSU's housing is at FULL capacity. Housing is granted on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are looking to enjoy the benefits of living on campus, reserve your space as soon as application materials are available! The status of your application affects your roommate & single room requests, too!
- Freshmen: Applications for freshmen who are admitted to the university will be mailed in early December 2014 for the following August 2015. Incoming freshman housing materials are automatically mailed to all freshmen who are admitted. Deadline: May 1, 2015.
- New Transfers: Students who are transferring may submit a request via email@example.com or call (989) 964-4255 to have housing information mailed to them. New transfer students requesting to live with current SVSU residents must be admitted to SVSU and have their housing contract materials completed by mid-February. Deadline: First come, first-served.
- New International Students: Coordinate housing arrangements with the Office of International Programs.
- Current Residents: Reapplication starts Tuesday, 1/20/15. Deadline to be guaranteed housing is Monday, 2/23/15. Reapplication FA15_WI16_pg1 (696kB). Reapplication FA15_WI16_pg2 (470kB).
- Current Students, Off-Campus: Open sign-up begins Tuesday, 2/24/15, pending vacancies.
Incoming Freshman & Transfer Student Applicants