Photo Access Policy For Datatel/Colleague Screens
SVSU has been very careful to limit photo access in both the on-line directory system and in the University Phone Book.
With the next generation of the Colleague client software (UI-4.3), photos can be made available via Datatel/Colleague screens.
As the Datatel/Colleague screens showing photos:
- Are only to be available from office computers in administrative offices
- Are not available in ResNet and in computer labs
- Are only available from off-campus via a secure VPN (The VPN access can also be used by employees in computer labs during orientation sessions, and by Resident Assistants over ResNet.)
- The display of student, staff, and faculty photos is not invasive and does not put the individual at personal or fiscal risk through public display
- There is no need to provide students, staff & faculty with a photo display opt-out option.