Submit IRB Proposal
Once you have prepared a complete IRB package and you and your team has registered on IRBNet.org and taken the proper ethics training, you are ready to submit your project (please see Prepare an IRB Application to see if your project is ready for submission).
- Go to http://www.irbnet.org/
- Click on “Create New Project” on the left side of the screen
- Enter in the required information (see boxes with red asterisks). Click “Continue.”
- Go directly to Step 2 and click Add New Document and follow the prompts.
- Add each document of your project separately. If you need to leave IRBNet, your documents will be saved in the project package you created. You can add more documents later by clicking “Designer” on the left side of the screen when you return to your project.
- Share your project with your research team and adviser (if applicable), by clicking “Share This Project” on the left side of your screen, and clicking SHARE on the next page. Follow the prompts.
- Once all items in your package are uploaded and ready to submit, you and your team need to click “Sign This Package” located on the left side of the screen. You can click “Send Project Mail” to send a reminder to your team to sign the package.
- Click “Submit This Package” after all research team members have signed.
Illustrated instructions of the above steps can be found at Submitting Projects on IRBNet (654kB)
It is recommended that investigators allow 30-45 days for review. Review time will depend on the project and the type of review it receives. Projects requiring Full Board Review must be submitted by 1 PM on the first Friday of the month to be placed on that month’s agenda. Projects receiving Exempt or Expedited Reviews will be reviewed upon submission.
What happens after a project is submitted to the IRB? See SVSU IRB Review Process for New Projects.