SVSU Health and Wellness
We're dedicated to helping make positive and lasting changes in healthy living.
The SVSU Health and Wellness programs are designed to be fun, convenient, and rewarding for employees to reduce health risks through prevention, education, and exercise.
Regular physical activity (minimum of 30 minutes of exercise, at least 3 times per week) can:
- Lower the risk of recurrent breast cancer and colon cancer by 50-60%
- Reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease by approximately 40%
- Reduce the incidence of stroke, heart disease, and high blood pressure by 30-40%
- Lower the risk of developing Type II Diabetes by 58% and can be twice as effective for treatment than standard insulin
SVSU is honored by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the Exercise Is Medicine (EIM) Initiative as a campus that promotes healthy lifestyles and physical activity as a means for disease prevention.
- See Exercise Is Medicine to learn more about this initiative!
- See Programs & Activities for more information about what SVSU Health and Wellness offers!
- See Exercise Log to get started earning Healthy Rewards Points for exercising!
- Follow our Facebook page @SVSUWellness to stay up to date on all things SVSU Health and Wellness. Watch for a new Motivational Monday, Wellness Wednesday & Fitness Friday posts every week with tips to help guide you on your path to becoming happier and healthier!
Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.