Jeremy Knousjknous@svsu.edu (989) 964-2632
Michelle Knous firstname.lastname@example.org (989) 964-4590
Health & Human Services Building
The following program assessment was created based on the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA’s) criteria developed by the American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
1. Students will demonstrate knowledge of concepts related to exercise physiology.
2. Students will demonstrate knowledge of concepts related to functional anatomy.
3. Students will demonstrate knowledge of the pathophysiology and risk factors of cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, and other chronic diseases
4. Students will demonstrate knowledge of prescribing appropriate exercises to meet the goals of a variety of populations.
5. Students will demonstrate knowledge of nutrition as it relates to exercise and weight management.
6. Students will demonstrate knowledge in human behavior and counseling as it relates to behavior strategies needed to enhance and reinforce exercise.
1. Students will demonstrate skills needed to assess all components of fitness including body composition, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, muscular strength, and muscular endurance.
2. Students will demonstrate the skill of implementing appropriate injury prevention procedures.
3. Students will demonstrate the skill needed to conduct and interpret an exercise stress test.
1. Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct health fitness testing including (but not limited to) obtaining informed consent, obtaining a health history, and explaining the purpose of exercise testing.
2. Students will demonstrate the ability to adapt frequency, intensity, duration, mode, progression depending on the condition of a client.
3. Students will have the ability to administer fitness-related programs within established budgetary guidelines, develop marketing materials and develop fitness related programs.
Professional Organizations/Standards that informed development of learning outcomes:
American College of Sports Medicine –ACSM
National Strength & Conditioning Association –NSCA
National Academy of Sports Medicine –NASM
American Council on Exercise –ACE
National Association for Sport and Physical Education –NASPE
Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance -AAPHERD