Student Learning Goals
Upon completion of the engineering program at SVSU, new graduates will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Well-developed hands-on skills in the use of the tools of the profession to construct devices and prototypes.
Accrediting/Certifying Body: ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering & Technology)
Professional Organizations/Standards that informed development of learning outcomes: IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)