At SVSU, we believe faculty can have the best of both worlds: being able to teach, have meaningful interaction with students, and the support to conduct and present research. Each month faculty work is published in the internal faculty/staff newsletter, the "Interior". See what's new:
- Hasan Al-Halees, professor of mathematics, had his paper, titled “Isomorphic vector-valued Banach-Stone theorems for subspaces,” (with Richard Fleming of CMU) accepted for publication in the journal Acta Sci Math (Szeged), March 16. Al-Halees will present the paper May 20-24 at the Seventh Conference on Function Spaces, Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville.
- Marlena Bravender, assistant professor of education technology, had a co-authored article titled “Principal candidates create decision making simulations to prepare for the job” accepted for publication in the spring 2014 International Journal of Educational Leadership Preparation.
- Basil Clark, professor of English, presented a paper titled “Sir Gareth: A Social and Historical Context for Malory’s Interest in the Youngest Son” at the Annual Conference of the Michigan Academy of Science, Arts and Letters, Oakland University, Feb. 28. Clark also serves as a member-at-large on the Academy Executive Committee.Also, Clark presented a paper titled “Absorbed into Her World: A Reading of the Goddess Nature in Chaucer’s ‘Parliament of Fowls’” at the 19th Biennial New College Conference on Medieval and Renaissance Studies, Sarasota, Fla.In addition, Clark’s article titled “Male Same-Sex Desire in the Romances of de Troyes” was published by CLCWeb: Comparative Literature and Culture (Purdue University; issue 15.4).
- Alan Freed, Clifford H. Spicer Chair in Engineering, published a book titled So" Solids: A Primer to the Theoretical Mechanics of Materials (Springer, Basel; 2014).
- Stephen Taber, professor of biology, had his article titled “Two New Species of Nearctic Fungus Gnats (Diptera: Mycetophilidae)” accepted for publication in Southwestern Entomologist magazine.