SVSU is committed to provide equal access to all university services, programs, and activities. Use the links below for information on policies, procedures, resources, and forms. Do not hesitate to contact the director with any questions or concerns.
Steps to Accommodations
Students must self-identify and provide adequate documentation of the disability. After an intake interview and reviewing the documentation, the director will discuss with the student the services she or he is eligible to receive. Follow these steps to register with our office:
- Collect your documentation of the condition, disability, or injury that impacts your access to SVSU and its programs, services, and materials. Go to this web page to download a letter to take to your treating clinician. http://www.svsu.edu/disabilityservices/documentationrequirements/
- Complete our Online Application: https://teton.accessiblelearning.com/SVSU/Default.aspx
- Contact the SVSU Disability Services to make an appointment to discuss your situation. Phone: 989-964-7000 or email: email@example.com
- If you’re not sure about the documentation, please contact our office and we will walk you through the steps to getting the necessary documentation.
- It is important that you begin this process well in advance of your semester. The normal approval time, from the first face-to-face meeting is three weeks.
- At the start of the semester be sure to download your Faculty Notification letters and meet with your instructors as soon as possible to discuss your accommodations. Remember it is your responsiblity to notify your instructors of your accommodations.