Traditional Route to Teacher Certification
Saginaw Valley State University is authorized by the State of Michigan to recommend individuals for a standard teaching certificate at the elementary level (K-8) and secondary level (grades 6-12 or K-12) upon successful completion of the College of Education's Teacher Education Program.
Interested candidates must:
- attend a certification seminar;
- possess a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution;
- have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 based on the last 60 credits of coursework taken;
- fulfill requirements for admission to SVSU and the Teacher Education Program;
- satisfy all requirements of the Teacher Education Program, Michigan Test for Teacher Certification content area testing, and student teaching.