Education Specialist &
Special Education Administration Approval Program
- A master’s degree in education from an accredited institution. A minimum GPA average of 3.30 from graduate level work is required.
- A completed application packet for education specialist admission including a $25.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts from any college or university where college credit was earned.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional educators or supervisors familiar with candidate's career achievements.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member of the candidate's graduate level work.
- A statement of personal goals, career aspirations, and educational philosophy.
- A current résumé.
- A current professional vita.
- A written commitment to complete the program in a maximum of three academic years from the date of admission to the first semester.
- Candidates may be interviewed by the Education Specialists admission council. Admission to this program will only be granted for the Fall Semester. Application materials must be received by June 1.
Inquiries, applications and transcripts should be directed to:
College of Education
Office of Admissions & Certification
Saginaw Valley State University
135 Regional Education Center
7400 Bay Road
University Center, MI 48710-0001 USA
(989) 964-4385 FAX