TheCARD is the official Saginaw Valley State University identification for students and employees and is utilized for a variety of purposes throughout campus. Including,
- Accessing dining services meal and declining balance (DB) plans
- Reserving library materials at the Zahnow Library
- Entry into SVSU’s State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Purchasing goods and services on campus when established as a flex account, including purchases at the SVSU Bookstore, dining venues and laundry facilities
- Serving as an ATM EZ Cash Card when used in conjunction with the Freedom Checking Account offered by Independent Bank. Students may have their student payroll earnings and financial aid refunds directly deposited into their Independent Bank checking account.
- Access to the main entrance of the First Year Suites, Living Centers and University Village efficiency buildings for student residents
- Access to academic buildings for faculty and staff when buildings are closed to the general public
New freshmen and transfer students will be photographed for their SVSU I.D. during orientation. Freshman living in on-campus housing will receive TheCARD at housing check in. Freshman commuting will receive their printed I.D. card at FRESH START. If you are not attending FRESH START or living on campus you may pick up your I.D. card in the Campus Financial Service Center at Wickes 131-A.
Faculty and staff can obtain their SVSU I.D., TheCARD, at the Campus Financial Services Center, Wickes 131-A. Office hours are 9:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday with extended hours during fall and winter semesters until 6:00 pm on Tuesday & Wednesdays.