- To address the technical tools necessary to create compelling online video
- To provide students with video marketing skills to grow their businesses, market their books, products or programs
- To address how video can be used to generate brand identity, to gain media exposure and increase your credibility within your market
- To provide insider video search engine optimization secrets to dominate Google and YouTube with your videos
- To discover how to choose video topics that will generate views and help you create a raving fan base
- At the end of this course you will know the essential elements to shooting simple online video, including best camera equipment and lighting and sound principles.
- You will have a script or “formula” to follow that will help you to shoot content with ease for both educational and sales purposes.
- You will know how to increase search engine optimization with your videos for better rankings in Google and YouTube.
- You will understand how to do target market research and shoot videos based on that research
Sight, sound and motion are much more compelling than static words on a page. Video is very hypnotic and it quickly speeds up the “know, like and trust” factor with your audience. In this course you will discover how to use simple online video to quickly bond with your viewer, drive traffic to your website, boost business and build brand awareness. Find out how to shoot simple, effective videos without costly fancy equipment or savvy technical skills. Discover the secrets to creating content that commands attention. Learn how to dominate Google and YouTube with your video and to strategically use YouTube to market your business 24/7 -- even while you sleep. One-month course, Erin Huggins, Instructor
YouTube for Business
Increase your business with YouTube, the online video site and now the second largest search engine. Discover the power of video for your organization, and how to use video as a marketing tool to reach and serve more people. Find out what types of video work best on YouTube, how other business organizations are using YouTube, how to create your own YouTube channel, and the techniques of adding captions, annotations and other extra features. YouTube can enhance your current marketing and communication strategy. After attending this course you will take back proven strategies and techniques for making YouTube work successfully for your organization.
YouTube, as the second largest search engine can no longer be ignored by businesses and organizations. YouTube reaches a broad age and gender demographic and is the largest video search/discovery destination with over 35 hours of video being uploaded every minute. YouTube is now accessible from nearly every top mobile device as well as from your TV.
How can your videos rise above the music mashups and cat antics?
Learn how to get your YouTube video on the first page of Google Search. Just like Facebook, YouTube is a social network that needs to be set-up, optimized, and used regularly to be effective. Your patterns of behavior on YouTube may be working against you. Learn how YouTube can complement your current marketing and social media strategy and how to maximize your YouTube Channel to get the greatest return. One-month, Jennifer Selke, Instructor
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
- In the online classroom, listen to audio lectures, view slides, even take an optional quiz to test yourself.
- Then post comments in the online discussion with your fellow participants and the instructor. Your instructor logs on at least once a day to answer questions and join in on the discussion.
Readings are assigned for each day from the textbooks provided at registration.
Participate any time of day or night. The ideal is to go online 2-3 times a day since they are week-long courses, but you decide.
The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each week to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
It’s easy! It’s fun.
- Internet access with Internet Explorer; Firefox Mozilla; or Safari web browser.
- Access to Flash needed for audio and slide presentations.
- Speakers to listen to audio.
About the Instructors
Jennifer Selke is a nationally known expert, speaker and consultant in the area of social media. She is a faculty member in the University of California Berkeley Graduate School of Education and is affiliated with the Berkeley Center for New Media. She received her Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from U.C. Berkeley. Jennifer is a licensed educational psychologist in private practice. Her technology interests have taken her into the blogging and social media world where she runs a popular blog. She speaks at national conferences on the subject of social networks, writes articles on the subject, and conducts webinars for professionals on the topic.
Erin Huggins is a recognized entrepreneur with a global client base. Her secret for success: simple online video. She has fans worldwide with over 2 million video views and nearly 10,000 YouTube subscribers. For the past several years she’s been teaching her insider video marketing and YouTube secrets to fellow small business owners and anyone looking to build brand identity or to use video to get their messages to the masses. She speaks passionately about using video as a marketing and brand-building tool including the prestigious Women Entrepreneurs Rock the World, even in New York City.