Cardinal Business Edge is a competitive, two-year leadership development program for selected incoming freshmen pursuing a degree program in the SVSU AASCB-accredited College of Business & Management. As a Business Edge student, you will have an unequaled opportunity to build personal and professional networks and develop leadership skills that give you a true competitive edge in your college years, as well as in your future career. This unique opportunity allows you to strengthen your team-building skills while also identifying your individual strengths. Our goal is to help you develop critical life skills that reach far beyond the classroom, alongside remarkable business and academic leaders who will serve as your mentors.
With the Cardinal Business Edge program, you will:
- Be a member of a limited community of 25 exceptional students who will spend freshman and sophomore years working together, as a team, in exciting in- and out-of-class settings and experiences (residential students will be housed together, to further the camaraderie opportunities).
- Be in selective classes with other Business Edge students that includes a 1-credit lab that involves corporate outings to meet business executives.
- Be mentored by a team of academic and business leaders, all with global experience and credentials.
- Be an international traveler with a travel stipend for a faculty-led study abroad experience.
- Be coached to define your team-building and leadership style, while highlighting your unique strengths to help you manage people and complex projects.
- Be given the tools to develop life skills that reach far beyond the classroom or degree program.
Apply for Cardinal Business Edge
To qualify to apply for Cardinal Business Edge you must:
- Be admitted to the University
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative high school GPA and a minimum 24 ACT composite score
To apply for Cardinal Business Edge:
- Submit your application for admission to the University to the SVSU Office of Admissions
- Once admitted to the University, qualified studens will automatically be sent an invitation to apply for Cardinal Business Edge
The College of Business & Management is accredited by the AACSB-International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). AACSB Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Less than 5% of the world's 13,000 business programs have earned AACSB Accreditation.