Co-op and Internship Program
The co-op and internship program at Saginaw Valley State University provides students with the opportunity to work for local businesses and receive real-world experience.
- A co-op is an on-going relationship between the employer, student and the university, where the student is paid to work on key projects for the business.
- An internship is a work experience within a definite time-frame where students work on projects based on their level of experience and expertise. Internships may be paid or unpaid.
Steps to Applying to the Co-op and Internship Program
- Create a professional resume and cover letter.
- Log in to your free Cardinal Career Network
- Upload your resume and cover letter under the "Documents" tab.
- Under the "Employment Opportunities" tab, click "Cardinal Job Postings."
- Once accepted, students will have the ability to apply for any external co-op/internships for which they are qualified.