Freshman Wilderness Experience
Head out on a backpacking or river kayak trip with other new freshmen and you’ll start your journey at SVSU with an instant community.
Students participating in the Freshman Wilderness Experience can expect to learn:
- Basic backpacking or kayaking and camping skills
- Wilderness survival skills
- About the resources of Saginaw Valley State University
- Intellectual, personal, social and critical thinking skills
- Self-reliance and self-confidence through challenging outdoor experiences
- To form friendships with fellow first-year students before the semester even begins
Freshman Wilderness Experience 2018 will be announced Spring 2018!