Fine Arts Scholarship
The Fine Arts Scholarship is awarded based on review of a submitted portfolio of student artwork. The scholarship amount is $2,000 and is renewable for four years based on renewal requirements.
- New incoming freshman
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Art, Fine Art, Graphic Design or Visual Arts Education majors
- Renewal requirements include maintaining an SVSU GPA of 3.0 or higher and continuing with one of the four majors listed above
- Newly admitted high school seniors with qualifying GPA’s and who indicate Art, Fine Art, Graphic Design or Visual Arts Education on their applications will automatically receive the Fine Arts Scholarship application in late February. Students should be admitted to the university prior to this date for full consideration.
- Enrollment requirement: Full time student
To apply for the Fine Arts Scholarship: The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is located in Wickes Hall Room 178, telephone Toll Free 800-968-9500 or (989) 964-4200. E-mail: admissions(at)svsu.edu or website link www.svsu.edu/cfsc/typesoffinancialaid/scholarships/
Thomas Canale Scholarship in Art
This scholarship is open to all seniors majoring in Art, Graphic Design, Bachelor of Fine Arts, or Visual Arts Education, in the Department of Art at SVSU.
- Senior standing with 94 + credits
- Overall G.P.A of 3.0 or higher
- Transferred students must have taken at least 12 credits of Art courses at SVSU
- Works submitted are open to concentrations taught at SVSU: Ceramics, Graphic Design, Painting and Drawing, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture.
- Works submitted must be completed in the courses taught at SVSU Art Department
- Applications must include a portfolio in PDF format
- This scholarship is $500 per year to one Senior Art major
To apply for the Canale Scholarship: go online and complete a general application at http://www.svsu.edu/scholarships
and look for the Canale Scholarship under "Recommended Opportunities". If you have previously applied online for SVSU scholarships, you can just check the Recommended Opportunities to complete the application and upload your work.
Terry & Jerry Drake Endowed Scholarship
Candidate shall be a full- or part-time new or returning student who is a resident of Bay, Midland or Saginaw counties majoring in art or music with scholastic achievement and potential. There is a preference for individuals with financial need (FAFSA). Scholarship information. https://svsu.academicworks.com/opportunities/4750