7400 Bay Road
University Center, MI 48710
178 Wickes Hall
1. Apply for admission any time after your junior year of high school.
2. Pay $30 non-refundable application fee. Check or money order should be payable to SVSU with the applicant's name or Social Security number on the check.
3. Submit your completed application and check for $30 to the proper high school official who will forward the application and high school transcript. Send official high school transcript to: SVSU Office of Admissions, 7400 Bay Road, University Center, MI 48710.
4. Students who have any credits toward college, such as from an AP class or dual enrollment should have their official score report or transcript sent directly to SVSU. Copies are not accepted.
5. Submit ACT or SAT scores to SVSU.
1. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) ( www.fafsa.ed.gov ) form as early as January 1. For best results, complete by February 15 or as soon as possible after that date.
2. On the FAFSA form, enter SVSU's Federal School Code: 002314.
Upon admission to SVSU, you will receive a Student Orientation and Academic Registration (SOAR) packet in the mail.
1. Reserve your orientation date (begin in May for those starting in Fall).
At your orientation, or SOAR, you will:
- Select and register for your first semester courses at SVSU.
- Discuss requirements for your academic program
- Complete any necessary placement testing in basic skills math, reading and writing (depending on ACT sub scores and high school GPA).
1. Take a virtual tour of our Housing Options at www.svsu.edu/housing
2. Decide which meal plan is best for you.
3. Fill out your housing packet and return with a $200 deposit.
Payment for each semester is due usually at least three weeks before classes begin.
1. Log into Cardinal Direct , SVSU's web based student access system (login information is given at Orientation)
2. Payment can be made via cash, check, money order, or credit card. Information about the Cardinal Payment Plan can be accessed at www.svsu.edu/cpp .