Science East 201
Fall and Winter Office Hours
Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Spring and Summer Office Hours
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
This endowment was established by Andrew F. Anderson in honor of Mary H. Anderson who has been an adjunct faculty member since the founding of SVSU. The purpose of the endowment is to provide funds for the Mary H. Anderson Adjunct Faculty Award.
Teaching excellence is difficult to define but selection criteria may include such attributes as:
1. Maintains high standards for academic achievement
2. Possesses superior knowledge of the subject matter
3. Displays sincerity and enthusiasm in teaching
4. Is recognized for fairness and integrity
5. Is well organized and makes clear presentations
6. Motivates students to excel
7. Prepares students academically in a first rate manner
8. Respects students opinions
9. Relates classroom learning to real life situations
10. Shows interest and is helpful in counseling and advising
11. Participates in professional development activities as a means to enhance their teaching skills
The selection committee shall consist of:
1. The Director of Adjunct Faculty Support Programs, who will serve as chair;
2. The past two years' recipients, if they are still employed by SVSU;
3. Three full-time faculty members each from a different college;
4. President of the Student Association;
5. Representative from the Alumni Association.
Nominee Materials Required:
1. Curriculum Vita
2. Philosophy of Teaching
3. One letter of recommendation from a faculty member from the nominee's department
4. Student evaluations from the most recent previous semester class
The nomination deadline for the Anderson Award is 4:30 pm on the 2nd Monday in February each year.