Student Learning Goals
Accounting Program Goals
- Students will acquire competencies in the preparation, interpretation and communication of an organization’s financial and other business information.
- Students will acquire technical and problem-solving accounting competencies to ensure the integrity of financial and other business information.
- Students will acquire competencies to comply with the ethical and regulatory environment for individuals and business enterprises.
- Students will acquire an understanding of their professional practices, responsibilities and expectations in the field of accounting.
Accrediting/Certifying Body: AACSB International
Professional Organizations/Standards that informed development of learning outcomes: AICPA, MACPA, PCAOB, Michigan State Board of Accountancy
Finance Program Goals
- Students will be able to understand the general financial concepts and theories on the financial decision making process.
- Students will be able to effectively communicate financial information.
- Students will be able to understand financial derivative markets and instruments to manage financial risks effectively.